Trav's Cilantro Lime Lettuce Wraps.
You can cook Trav's Cilantro Lime Lettuce Wraps using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Trav's Cilantro Lime Lettuce Wraps
- Prepare of Wrap Ingredients.
- It’s 2 head of Romaine Lettuce.
- You need 1 lb of Ground meat of choice (I used ground turkey for this particular recipe).
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Avocados.
- It’s 1 of container of Hummus.
- Prepare 1 bunch of of Cilantro.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of Optional Ingredients.
- It’s 1 of Shredded Cheese (optional).
- You need 1 of Rice (Optional).
Trav's Cilantro Lime Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Heat pan, brown ground meat of choice.
- Finely chop peppers and onions..
- Heat seperate pan with olive oil and saute peppers and onions with salt and pepper to taste..
- Peel and dice Avocados. Set aside..
- Once peppers and onions are finished, combine meat, peppers, and avocados together. Add 1 3/4 cups of Balsamic Vinaigrette to mixture and cook on low. Add salt, black pepper, and garlic to taste..
- Slice limes into wedges and set aside..
- Finely dice Cilantro and set aside..
- Cut heads off of Romaine lettuce and set aside. Since we are using the lettuce as the wrap, the outer leaves typically work better..
- Take two leaves of Romaine lettuce and spread hummus on the inside..
- Add meat, pepper, onion, avocado, balsamic mix to wrap..
- Finish off with Cilantro and Lime! There are many things you can add to this such as rice, cheese, etc. This is a healthier option we chose. Enjoy!.