Candy's Taco Salad.
You can cook Candy's Taco Salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Candy's Taco Salad
- You need 1-2 pounds of Ground chuck.
- Prepare 2 of large sweet onions diced (1 for meat, one for topping).
- Prepare of I minced 5 Cloves of fresh Garlic.
- You need of I diced 5 Roma tomatoes cleaned out the seeds ( two for topping and three for Guacamole.
- It’s 3 of large Haas Avacados pitted and smashed.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare of Zest of one Lime.
- Prepare of About one cup for topping Finely Shreddd cheese, (I used walmarts finely shredded Fiesta Cheese mix).
- Prepare of Chopped lettuce… I used romaine.
- You need 1 cup of f pre sliced Black Olives. I sliced mine.
- You need of Make your own salsa (see recipe n my page) or use your favorite.
- Prepare of Cilantro to you taste my hubby likes more than I do.
- It’s of Option: I used one Jalepeño, and diced more for hubby to add.
- It’s of We used On the Border Bag Tortillas, we like those and Mission for our salsa,.
- You need of Sour Cream. I like to use Daisy sour cream or Chobani Greek yogurt.
- You need of Seasonings: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, fresh ground pepper,.
- You need of Kosher or sea salt, to taste….
Candy's Taco Salad step by step
- I cooked my meat, when meat was almost done I added onions, garlic, seasonings, While my meat is cooking on low, I used a medium skillet, I added oil set the heat to low, I mashed my beans with a fork until almost smooth. I then added my 20 ounce can of rinsed and mashed kidney beans… To an old skillet n low. Stirring frequently..
- When meat and beans are done, and veggies are prepped, begin to layer your Taco salad on your plate, I placed our chips down then the hot refried beans Meat, salsa, Guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese and sour cream… Any order you prefer🙂.