Tortellini & Asparagus. Find tortellini recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. Fold back around your finger and turn down the edge to form a tortellini. In half a gallon of rapidly boiling salted water add the tortellini in batches.
Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. Tortellini are ring-shaped pasta originally from the Italian region of Emilia (in particular Bologna and Modena). Traditionally they are stuffed with a mix of meat (pork loin, raw prosciutto, Mortadella), Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, egg and nutmeg and served in capon broth (in brodo di cappone). You can cook Tortellini & Asparagus using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortellini & Asparagus
- Prepare 1 lb of Fresh asparagus.
- You need 1 lb of Cheese tortellini (I used frozen).
- It’s 1 can of Petit diced tomatoes drained, or 1-2 cups fresh diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 5 clove of Garlic, minced (2 tablespoons).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar (optional).
- Prepare 1 of as needed Parmesan cheese, toasted Italian bread crumbs, or crushed croutons for topping.
A package of tortellini pasta opens the door to so many options for creating quick, delicious, satisfying meals. Tortellini and tortelloni have the same basic shape. Both tortellini and tortelloni are commonly filled with cheese or vegetable fillings. Tortellini, Chicken, and Arugula Salad Recipe A bright, springtime salad that comes together in a cinch.
Tortellini & Asparagus instructions
- Bring a pot of water to a boil..
- Trim bottom ends of asparagus and discard (about 1 inch). Now chop the rest of the asparagus in bite size pieces (1-2 inches)..
- Add tortellini and asparagus to boiling water and cook about 5-8 minutes until asparagus is tender-crisp..
- Drain pasta and asparagus. Set aside..
- In the same pan, over medium, heat oil, garlic & spices for a couple of minutes while stirring. Careful not to let the garlic burn..
- Add in the tomatoes & balsamic vinegar..
- Add back the pasta and asparagus. Stir gently and cook a couple minutes to let the sauce completely coat the pasta..
- Top with Parmesan, Italian bread crumbs, or crushed croutons if desired..
Hearty cheese tortellini, shredded rotisserie chicken, and peppery arugula join forces to create a light, yet filling, salad with plenty of texture and substance. Tortellini pasta is the upgrade your soups have been waiting for. These delicious stuffed pasta dumplings are so versatile. You can serve them up in a salad, on their own with a little sauce, or my personal winter favorite: tortellini soups. We have a lot of tortellini soups to choose from, but we've narrowed it down to the very best.