Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend. We put big flavor first because it takes real taste to fulfill real craving. Ina Garten's key to a delicious meatloaf is to not pack the mixture of ground chuck, sauteed onions, dried breadcrumbs and eggs too densely. Hand-mixing the ingredients will ensure the meatloaf is.
It might not be the sexiest piece of food, but damn is it delish. Especially in a sandwich the next day OR with a fried egg. Meatloaf has more flavour because whereas you wouldn't eat a hamburger without toppings, sauces, cheese and a bun, you can certainly eat Meatloaf plain because it's so juicy and tasty! You can cook Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of Sweet Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of dry stuffing mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of small diced white onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bbq sauce.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper to preference.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Ketchup (mix with 1T brown sugar optional) for topping.
The secret to making a meatloaf taste really good is to use fatty beef, plenty of flavourings and to grate your onion instead of dicing it. The best meat for meat loaf is any ground meat with a higher fat content. You can do a trio of beef, pork, and veal or stick with ground chuck. While you can substitute ground chicken or turkey for a healthy change, but just understand your meat loaf may not be as moist as the higher-fat varieties of meat.
Meatloaf; ground beef and sweet sausage blend step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- While preheating mix everything (except topping) together, kneading by hand in large bowl..
- Form loaf, and place in loaf pan..
- Bake for 1 hour, putting topping on halfway through baking..
- Serve with sides of choice. Mashed potatoes and carrots chosen for photo..
Cover and pulse to form coarse crumbs; transfer to a large bowl. The best way ensure it is cooked through is to use a meat thermometer. Ina Garten's key to a delicious meatloaf is to not pack the mixture of ground chuck, sauteed onions, dried breadcrumbs and eggs too densely. Hand-mixing the ingredients will ensure the meatloaf is. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves.