Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce. On plates or large platter arrange asparagus, add ham with sauce, top with chicken then some bearnaise sauce. Garnish with chives and parsley Serve woth crusty bread! Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce.
Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce. To same skillet, add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add asparagus, sliced mushrooms, artichoke hearts and wine to the skillet and steam through until crispy tender. You can cook Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce
- You need of For Chicken.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded into 1/4 inch slices.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hlack pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Prepare of For Ham.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of thin sliced deli ham, cut into bite size piecrs, I used hot ham.
- You need 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream, heavy or light.
- You need of For Asparagus.
- You need 2 lb of fresh asparagus, trimmed and lower part peeled if desired. Cooked until crisp tender and kept warm.
- Prepare 1 of for bearnaise sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white wine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of dryed tarragon.
- Prepare 1 of chopped shallot.
- It’s 3 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted warm butter (one stick).
- You need 1 of for garnish.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Meanwhile: In a small sauce pan, make bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Dip the chicken pieces lightly in the seasoned flour and shake off excess. Remove to a heated serving platter as the remaining pieces are cooked. While the chicken is cooking, make the hollandaise sauce per package directions.
Chicken with Asparagus,, Ham and Bearnaise Sauce step by step
- For chicken.
- Heat oil and butter in large saute pan..
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese, pepper,salt and cajun seasoning on a plate, mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg / sour cream mixture, then into flour/cheese mixture to lightly coat..
- Cook in hot butter oil mixture, turning once until cooked through, remove to a plate as done and keep warm..
- Add ham and cook until starting to brown, add chicken broth, cream and mustard, cook until slightly thickened, remove from heat..
- For bearnaise sauce.
- In a small saucepan combine wine, vinegar, shallot atarragon and pepper until reduced to 2 tablespoons, strain into small bowl..
- Have a double boiler set up, in the top part of the double boiler, off heat combine egg yolks, cream, hot sauce and reduced wine/vinegar mixture, whisk well. Place over the simmering water whisking at all times until the eggs begin to thicken, 2 to 4 minutes add butter very slowly while whisking until thickened. If it gets to thick add drops of hot water to thin. Serve immediatly or keep warm by putting dish in a small pan of warm water. Do not reheat, it will seperate..
- To assemble.
- On plates or large platter arrange asparagus, add ham with sauce, top with chicken then some bearnaise sauce..
- Garnish with chives and parsley.
- Serve woth crusty bread!.
Prepare the hollandaise sauce, doubling my recipe, adding the shallots and tarragon as directed. In a large skillet over high heat, combine chicken, onion, salt, thyme, pepper, and water to cover. Place toast on top & cover with ham and chicken. Cover with a ladle of Bearnaise Sauce. Fill a pot with water, add remaining lemon juice.