Sous Vide Asparagus With A Creamy Mustard Sauce. Salt and pepper the asparagus then seal the bag. Coat the asparagus in the butter. Cook the asparagus, so that changes color.
Pour the sauce over the asparagus if desired. Sous Vide Asparagus With A Creamy Mustard Sauce Experimenting with the circulator. This is a great way to cook asparagus very consistently, but you can definitely just steam or blanch the asparagus and make the sauce separately with very similar results. You can have Sous Vide Asparagus With A Creamy Mustard Sauce using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sous Vide Asparagus With A Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Prepare 1 bunch of Asparagus.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dijon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Capers.
- It’s 1 of as needed Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
Try our Sous Vide Salmon with Creamy Mustard Sauce, a Healthy Living recipe. When ready to serve, put the asparagus on a platter. Serve the Mustard Sauce on the side, or drizzle it over the asparagus on the platter. Fresh asparagus is lightly sauced with a tasty, creamy sauce.
Sous Vide Asparagus With A Creamy Mustard Sauce step by step
- Prepare water bath to 85C..
- Take each stalk of asparagus and snap off the tough end of the stem. Then, arrange the asparagus in a vacuum bag and set aside..
- Combine milk, Dijon and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Pour over asparagus. Seal bag..
- Open the bag and pour the excess liquid into a small sauce pan..
- Immerse asparagus in water bath for 8 minutes..
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste..
- Serve the asparagus with the sauce..
The sauce is seasoned with a little lemon juice and Dijon mustard. You can keep it simple or you can add some ham to the sauce. I like to add sliced hard-boiled eggs as well. Sous Vide hollandaise is practically foolproof to make. With the help of sous vide this easy hollandaise sauce recipe is perfect for spooning over eggs Benedict, asparagus, or salmon.