Lemon Zest Asparagus. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest. Brush the asparagus evenly with the oil, turning the spears to coat well, and season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the lemon wedges around the asparagus.
Lemon zest & a drizzle of olive oil finish the Steamed Asparagus, giving it a full-bodied flavor with minimal effort. Steamed Asparagus is a favorite weeknight side dish. I'm reminded of when my boys were little. You can cook Lemon Zest Asparagus using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Zest Asparagus
- You need 1 bunch of Asparagus.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 pinch of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of kosher salt.
Owen (our picky eater) decided he could eat the "tree" but not the "trunk" of the asparagus. It's so simple: the asparagus is tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Trim the woody, tough ends off of the asparagus and lay them out in a single row on a baking sheet or cutting board. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with the salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the lemon zest, juice, and garlic.
Lemon Zest Asparagus instructions
- Trim and wash asparagus and place in baking dish. Preheat oven to 350..
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus.
- Zest lemons over asparagus, then squeeze lemon juice over asparagus..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and toss..
- Bake asparagus at 350 for 10-15 minutes, then broil for 5-10 minutes depending on desired crispiness..
Roll around gently on the pan to ensure the asparagus are all evenly covered. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter; stir in lemon juice. Drain and place on a serving plate.