Mom’s Rice Pudding. Taste test to be sure rice is cooked. Add a generous sprinkling of fresh cinnamon or shaved dark chocolate on top and you've got a winner. Served warm or cold, in the winter or summer, you'll be pleased.
Add a generous sprinkling of fresh cinnamon or shaved dark chocolate on top and you've got a winner. Served warm or cold, in the winter or summer, you'll be pleased. This Baked Rice Pudding is an old-fashioned recipe from mom's card file. You can have Mom’s Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom’s Rice Pudding
- It’s 1 Cup of Of Rice uncooked,.
- You need of Cook rice according to directions.
- It’s 2 cups of Water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk (I used Almond).
- It’s of heated but do not boil Add more to make creamier if desired.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s Dash of Cinnamon.
- It’s Dash of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Raisins.
This thick, creamy dessert is easy to make. It has a sweet dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg (or both!) and optional addition of raisins. Nothing says comfort more than a warm, cinnamon custard aroma wafting from Mom's kitchen. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over rice.
Mom’s Rice Pudding instructions
- I use Jasmine rice cooked according to Directions. Place rice in a large bowl..
- In a seperate bowl, add milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, (Salt..if needed).
- Slowly add rice and raisin 1/4 cup at a time. Stir gently to mix and blend until all ingredients are blended..
- I like mine after being chilled for 4-24 hours. All flavors’ have blended and made a dessert that brings back so many memories.
- I have also made this great recipe with canned coconut milk. (shake well before opening). Use the same amount of each ingredient..
- Adjust to your taste. I do not add coconut flakes but that is an option you may want.
At Home With Our Family – Debbie's Rice Pudding Debbie Matenopoulos is serving up one of her Family's favorite desserts – her creamy and delicious Rice Pudding. Debbie makes Rice Pudding at home as a treat for her daughter. Get the full recipe >>Check out all At Home With Our Family videos, recipes and DIYs >> Rice Pudding Add-Ins. While my boys like it best unadulterated, raisins are a very common addition to rice pudding. Sometimes instead of raisins I like to play around with other dried fruit like raisins, dried cranberries or dried cherries.
The Next Big Thing in Healthy Food | Mom’s Rice Pudding
Always remember that healthy food for kids consists of a variety of food combinations from the four major food groups. As long as you are practiced to strike a savings account subsequently every the food groups – dairy, meat protein, fruits, vegetables, and grains – youre all set. Here are some useful tips to get you started.
Food cravings for tasty, calorie laden treats are one of the banes of anyone frustrating to lose weight. Recent research shows that our cravings are habit-based; we want foods that we have unconsciously trained ourselves to want. If thats the case, we should be accomplished to train ourselves to want healthy foods and snacks instead.
Making healthy food choice doesnt come naturally. We learn it lonely taking into account we deem it is important to us. Here are five personal reasons I have fixed to make healthy food choices.
Undoubtedly, on fire fat is approximately consuming healthy food. as soon as we eat right, eat healthy food, we reach not have to argument approximately in flames fat anymore. keen out at the gym for hours blazing calories will not shorten your weight and burn tolerable of your fat gone you accomplish not find what you consume. It means that in flames fat by deserted act out exercise is not enough. Yes, you can burn fat and lose some of your weight by accomplishment exercise but if you attain not maintain what goes in from your mouth, soon you will get put up to the fat you burn. The root difficulty is controlling what goes into your body. And consuming healthy food is the solution.