Pan Roasted Asparagus. DIRECTIONS Trim the bottom inch or two off the asparagus. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Pan-roasted asparagus is tasty and quick, and it couldn't be easier.
For our pan-roasted asparagus recipe, we wanted a simple stovetop cooking method that would deliver crisp, evenly browned spears without the fuss of having to rotate each spear individually. Along with the oil and asparagus, we added just a. The asparagus is first cooked in a pan with olive oil, a little water, and garlic until the water is fully absorbed and then left in the pan to essentially roast. You can cook Pan Roasted Asparagus using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan Roasted Asparagus
- It’s 1 bunch of Asparagus.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic; peeled and cut in half.
- It’s 1 of Lemon; juiced.
The results are perfectly cooked asparagus with a bit of crispy brown on the skin and a nice tinge of garlic. Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Pan Roasted Asparagus instructions
- In a large sauté pan with a lid, on high heat, add the asparagus, olive oil, water, and garlic..
- Cook for about 2 minutes uncovered, or until the water has almost evaporated..
- Put the lid back on and repeat until the asparagus are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. The asparagus may brown slightly in spots, which adds to the pan-roasted flavor..
- Toss the asparagus with tongs, cover the pan and cook for 1 minute. Remove the lid and toss the asparagus again..
- Add the lemon juice and toss to combine..
Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.