Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco. They usually consist of ground meat, often beef in Turkey and the Middle East, frequently mixed with lamb, mutton or chicken. At its most basic, its a mixture of very finely ground beef, onions, herbs, and spices. The meat is formed into balls or, more commonly, cigar shapes, and either baked or grilled.
The mixture is flavored with cumin, paprika, minced onion, coriander, and parsley and formed into skewers. The cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and mint leaves are optional but highly recommended. Making kofta is an ancient way of grilling ground meat. You can cook Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco
- You need 1 kg of ground beef or lamb / carne molida que SI tenga grasa.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion very finely chopped / cebolla picada fino.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fine chopped parsley / manojo de perejil solo usar hojitas picado fino.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander/ cilantro seco.
- You need 4 tbsp of finely chopped Peppermint.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin / comino.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water / agua.
- You need 2 piece of garlic crushed/ ajos exprimidos.
- It’s 1 of Salt to the taste / Sal al gusto.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper / Pimienta negra molido fino.
Aromatic and savory spices are added to the meat and it is shaped around a skewer for grilling. It is a lot like a sausage, but without the casing. The secret to successful koftas is to make sure the meat is sticky enough to hold together on the skewers. This version of kofta takes a page from the Mediterranean preparation, where they're traditionally made with lamb or beef and often served with flatbread and tzatziki.
Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco step by step
- Mix everything together with your hands.
- Mezclar y amasar todo junto con las manos.
- Roll the meet into a 10 cm tube and introduce the squewers.
- Formar las carnasas y introducir la brocheta.
- Put some a vegetable oil in a frying pan low heat./ poner un poco de aceite en el sarten a fuego bajo.
- When you are ready to eat them Cook under low heat rolling constantly so the meat doesn't dry up / Momentos antes de sentarse a la mesa, cocinar bajo fuego lento moviendo constante para q queden jugosas y no se doren..
For the beef: Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Kofta curry recipe – Beef kofta currys – koftay ka salan – Meat balls recipe. The kofta balls are often fried with veggies and paneer and paired with roti and rice. Important is Ground beef, chicken or meat make sure not water inside the meat.