Asparagus Flambe. Keep your face back and protect your hands and forearms. Do not burn your house down. Add the asparagus to the sauce.
Heat the oil and butter in a large, wide pan with a lid, add the chicken, then fry on all sides until nicely browned. Halve the red onion and cut into fine slices. Roast the pine nuts in a pan without addition of any oil. You can have Asparagus Flambe using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus Flambe
- You need 3 bunch of asparagus; trimmed and cut in half.
- It’s 1 cup of vodka.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon peel seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 of olive oil; as needed.
- It’s 1 of salt.
Divide the dough into three balls and roll each one out thinly on a baking parchment with the help of some flour. Clean and chop asparagus into one inch pieces and. pinch of salt and pepper and place a generous portion of apricot marmalade on the side. See recipes for Bananas Foster – Flambé, Asparagus Flambe too. Melt the butter in a large skillet set over medium heat.
Asparagus Flambe step by step
- CAUTION: Do not cook this over a closed stove. You may want to do this one outdoors, same with all my other recipes that read CAUTION!.
- Soak asparagus overnight in vodka. Drain. Reserve vodka..
- Toss with just enough olive oil to cover asparagus. Season..
- When asparagus is 95% done, add vodka, with the pan away from the heat source..
- The flame will be big. Keep your face back and protect your hands and forearms..
- Do not burn your house down. Never throw water to douse cooking fires. Cover to kill oxygen or drown in salt..
- Variations; Bacon fat, onions, shallots, mustard, basil, carrots, bell pepper, squash, sweet potatoes, roasted tomatoes or garlic,.
Place the asparagus in the skillet in a single layer (I don't always have the space for a single layer, if so shake the pan occasionally to rearrange the asparagus). Season with kosher salt to taste. Add asparagus and remaining chicken broth to the skillet containing the almonds. Remonve asparagus carefully to serving plate. cover to keep warm. (they will continue cooking). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.