Apple Cranberry Pie. Add apples and cranberries; toss gently. Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle mixture over cranberries. Distribute butter pieces over pie filling.
Brush with remaining egg white and sprinkle with. This apple cranberry pie is a bit unusual in that the filling/thickening aspect of the pie is a caramelly sauce (instead of tossing the fruit with flour or tapioca or cornstarch). Apple pie purists may be skeptical of the zingy newcomer, but if they try our apple cranberry recipe just once, they'll wonder why they ever made their beloved apple pie without them. You can cook Apple Cranberry Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Cranberry Pie
- Prepare 1 cup of apples(Thinly sliced).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped cranberries.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare Tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 (9 inch) of ready made pie crust or you can make your own.
- Prepare of My crumb topping recipe.
Combine with our a holiday favorite pecan shortbread for a stunning presentation that is sure to feel especially celebratory. The crust for this apple-cranberry pie is made extra special with the addition of finely ground almonds. This adds a light almond nutty flavor that goes well with this pie filling. This said, you can also use our sour cream pie crust for this recipe if you'd prefer to skip the nuts or are allergic.
Apple Cranberry Pie instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Stir into a pot, over medium heat, the apples, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, flour and water. Cook for about 15 minutes together..
- As it is cooling, stir in the vanilla extract. Allow to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. After cooling, pour the pie mix into a pie crust..
- Put the crumb topping on the pie, then put the pie into the oven for 30 minutes..
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes..
Egg Yolk for a Deeply Golden Crust This apple cranberry pie is why I love baking (and eating!) dessert so much. Not only is apple pie my favorite dessert to eat, it's my favorite dessert to bake. Making the dough from scratch, creating beautiful decorations for the crust, and playing around with filling flavors is the best. Cranberry Apple Pie takes traditional apple pie to a whole new level. The filling is made of fresh apples combined with tart cranberries, orange juice and zest, with a hint of spices.