Bacon Fried Asparagus. Cook and stir asparagus and shallot with salt and black pepper in melted butter and bacon. Heat bacon grease in pan over medium high heat, or electric skillet. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
This side dish can go with just about any barbecue, spring or summer time meal or even during the holiday seasoning. This is a great snack during the day or light lunch side. Add this bacon asparagus side dish to your next dinner! You can cook Bacon Fried Asparagus using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Fried Asparagus
- It’s 1 bunch of asparagus; trimmed and cut in half.
- It’s 6 slice of bacon; medium dice.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion; medium dice.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
The bacon will definitely add some saltiness to the dish so go easy on the salt. This will vary depending on a few things: The thickness of the asparagus, the thickness of the bacon and your desired doneness of the bacon. Just keep an eye on it. Toss asparagus with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Bacon Fried Asparagus step by step
- Render fat from bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside..
- Add asparagus and onion. Season. Toss..
- Cook until tender. Approximately 5-8 minutes..
- Garnish with crispy bacon..
- Variations; Lemon, garlic, roasted bell peppers, white wine.
Place bundles on a wire rack set inside an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk (it will shrink during cooking, creating a "striped" pattern). Place seam side down onto the wire rack.