Marinated Asparagus. Tender asparagus is marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkled with tangy lemon zest and fresh parsley. This is a quick and easy side dish. Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Pour over asparagus in bag, and seal. Remove from marinade, discarding marinade, before serving. Drain and put in an ice bath. You can cook Marinated Asparagus using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marinated Asparagus
- It’s 1 bundle of asparagus.
- You need 3/4 C of white wine.
- You need 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 t of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of lemon; zested.
- You need as needed of olive oil.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
Remove asparagus to a platter and top with chopped tomato. Asparagus, the darling of springtime, has a unique, mild flavor that can be paired with most foods. Try combining the marinated asparagus with a protein of your choice; chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, and crab all work well for a main-course salad. Hard-cooked egg slices with asparagus is a popular combination, particularly in spring.
Marinated Asparagus step by step
- Trim asparagus where stalk cracks..
- Combine asparagus and wine. Marinate up to 24 hours..
- Dry off asparagus..
- Coat with olive oil. Add dried spices except lemon zest..
- Roast at 400º for approximately 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender, or grill asparagus until tender..
- Garnish with lemon zest..
- Variations; Lemon-pepper seasoning, fresh oregano or basil, or toss with caramelized onion or shallots.
In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, lemon juice and garlic powder. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. This easy marinated asparagus recipe comes together in just a few minutes. Balsamic vinegar and garlic add a hefty dose of flavor, sugar mellows it out a bit and red pepper flakes add a nice little kick.