Creamy Chicken & Rice.
You can have Creamy Chicken & Rice using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken & Rice
- It’s 6 tbsp. of olive oil, divided (1/2).
- You need 4 of chicken thighs.
- You need Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, & dried thyme.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh rosemary, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Madeira wine (or Marsala, etc.).
Creamy Chicken & Rice instructions
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place the chicken thighs (skin side up) on a plate and sprinkle the spices on top..
- Place the chicken in the heated pan and fry for 10 minutes. Use a screen lid to reduce any grease splatters. Turn the pieces over and fry for another 10 minutes. [Repeat this frying step. Total time 30-40 minutes].
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place them back on the plate. Remove the skin if so desired. Drain the grease from the pan..
- Add olive oil to the pan, heat, and then add the mushrooms. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the water to the pan and raise the heat to medium-high. Add the rosemary..
- While the water begins to bubble, slowly scrap the pan with a spatula to loosen up the brown bits on the bottom..
- Add the cream of chicken soup to the pan and stir. Reduce the heat to low and continue stirring until smooth..
- Add the chicken to the pan. Add the Madeira wine and cover. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, turning the chicken over halfway through..
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions. When done, place the rice on separate plates and add the chicken on top, or to the side. Spoon the mushroom chicken gravy over the chicken and the rice..