Easy French Toast for One.
You can cook Easy French Toast for One using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy French Toast for One
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 4 of stale or day old bread – any kind.
- Prepare dash of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 2 tbsp of white granulated sugar.
- You need of Butter for browning or cooking spray.
Easy French Toast for One step by step
- In a flat bottom dish (I use a pie plate – holds 2 slices bread), beat the eggs with the milk. Add remaining ingredients until well blended..
- Dip the bread in the egg/milk mix. Make sure both sides are well coated. Don't soak too long, though..
- Lightly grease a griddle or fry pan with either spray or butter. About medium high is good. Brown the bread for about 2 mins then turn and brown the other side. Don't cook too fast, as the outside will brown and you will have uncooked "custard" on the inside. Your toast will also fall apart..
- When toast is done, you can add fruit toppings, sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with butter and maple syrup. I like the taste of vanilla, you can always increase or decrease as well as the cinnamon and nutmeg. These freeze well. Double the recipe and when they are cool wrap them up and freeze for another meal. Just heat them in the toaster or toaster oven..