Afang soup with fufu. Afang Soup is the Nigerian soup prepared with the wild leaves known as Okazi. If you need a leafy nutritious soup, then you should go with Afang Soup. The Nigerian Afang Soup, like the Edikang Ikong soup , is native to the Efiks, people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River states of Nigeria but enjoyed.
Afang soup is fast climbing the top of the list of popular Nigerian soup. If you are interested in exploring Nigerian foods, this delicious soup would definitely That is how to prepare afang soup, it can be served with fufu, eba, pounded yam, wheat. Any nice soft drink would be a welcome addition. You can cook Afang soup with fufu using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Afang soup with fufu
- It’s 1 of serving.
- You need 2 cups of afang.
- You need 3 bunches of waterleaf.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of crayfish.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of grinded pepper.
- It’s 4 cubes of maggi.
- You need Half of teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of small cup of palmoil.
- It’s 1 cup of periwinkle.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 4 of smoked fish.
- It’s 10 pieces of meat.
- It’s 1 of small cup of water.
- You need 2 of stock fish.
Afang Soup is of Nigerian origin-a much-celebrated recipe from the efik ethnic group in the southern part of Nigeria -and often served at ceremonial occasions such as weddings, child birth and to Afang soup is generally eaten with pounded yam or any sort of fufu or eba and is best served warm. It is great with Eba, pounded yam, ground rice, oat fufu, and lafun. Afang soup; a delight to behold and to eat. It is a special delicacy of the Efik and ibibio tribes of Nigeria.
Afang soup with fufu instructions
- Wash ur beef,smoked fish stock fish and periwinkle with hot water and salt.
- Spice the beef,smoked fish, periwinkle And stockfish with Maggi,salt,onion and grinded pepper..
- Boil the beef for 20minutes.
- When the stock water has almost dried you add crayfish,pepper and palm oil.
- Leave it to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the waterleaf and leave for 3 minutes.
- Then add the afang With a pinch of salt.
- Stir and leave to boil for 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
- This soup is best served with Eba,semovita,fufu or pounded.
Some parts of Cameroon bordering that part of Nigeria also enjoy Afang Soup is soup is a soup rich in meats and vegetables and palm oil. If you are averse to palm oil then this soup may not be for you. Afang Soup is a nutritious soup made with Afang leaves/Okazi leaves,water leaves&assorted meat. Learn how to cook this Rich soup. Afang soup is one of the richest and somewhat medicinal vegetable soups of the Efiks/Ibibios in Nigeria.