Sauteed asparagus and ham. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute asparagus and yellow pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and ham; heat through.
Continue cooking until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Stir in ham and heat through. Was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover Easter ham and a pound of fresh asparagus but wasn't in the mood for something creamy. You can have Sauteed asparagus and ham using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauteed asparagus and ham
- You need 1 can of asparagus.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/3 cup of skim milk.
Added a bit of chopped red sweet pepper for color. Sauteed asparagus and ham I was handed a challenge. What to do with canned asparagus? Cook noodles according to package directions.
Sauteed asparagus and ham step by step
- Drain and rinse the asparagus..
- Dice the onion and ham. Saute together for 6-10 minutes..
- Add asparagus to onion and ham mixture. Stir over medium heat..
- Whisk the egg and milk together and use a second pan to scramble..
- Add the scrambled egg to the asparagus and toss to mix..
- Serve warm..
In a large skillet, saute the chopped onion in butter until tender. Combine the flour, thyme and pepper; gradually whisk in milk and broth until. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion and green pepper. Stir in ham and garlic salt. Add water and cover to steam asparagus and keep it from drying out.