Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup. Add frozen asparagus (precook if using fresh asparagus) and return to boiling. Blend together whipped cream cheese and light cream. DO NOT BOIL. *Tastes better if prepared a day in advance!
Instructions Heat a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter and olive oil. Cool at least a few minutes. Pour soup into a blender, in batches if. You can cook Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup
- Prepare 2 of bunches asparagus, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, do not use margarine.
- Prepare 1 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced or pressed.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour..
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 of or 4 cups of milk depending on desired consistency..
- You need 1 tbsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Place asparagus and green onions on a baking sheet. Rub the ghee or butter all over the vegetables to coat. Reserve some of the asparagus heads for garnish. Then add the asparagus, onions, and garlic into a medium-sized saucepan, and add chicken broth and thyme.
Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup instructions
- wash asparagus. chop off tough ends and discard. place in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle creole seasoning over. mix and roast in the oven at 400 for 20 – 30 min. stir half way through.
- when done remove and put in a large stock pot. just cover with water and bring to a boil. boil for 10 min. drain asparagus and reserve stock. let asparagus cool.
- in the same pot melt butter. add onion and garlic. saute for 6-7 min. add flour and make a roux. stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- when asparagus is cool enough to work with put in blender with enough stock to puree. add puree back to the stock and add cream. mix well..
- slowly add this mix to the roux a little at a time. stir the entire time until all mix is incorporated. let bind over med heat a couple minutes. should be a thick chowder..
- add celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. bring mix to a bubble. add milk until you ger the desired consistency. i like mine a little thicker but add milk for a creamy soup.
- if it gets too thin slowly sprinkle more flour in until thick enough. heat through and serve..
Roast- you're gonna roast the asparagus and garlic in the oven with some olive oil, salt, and pepper Blend- combine the roasted asparagus and garlic in a blender or food processor (may be done in batches) with half and half, spices, and chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Directions In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth.