asparagus wrapped in phyllo. Place each piece, seam side down, on a baking sheet, brush with butter and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until all the asparagus spears are rolled. Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
Make sure phyllo is completely defrosted. Once removed from package, you will need to cover phyllo with waxed paper and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. How to Roll Asparagus in Phyllo Dough Roll each asparagus in phyllo dough, jelly-roll style. You can cook asparagus wrapped in phyllo using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of asparagus wrapped in phyllo
- You need 1 1/2 lb of asparagus washed and woody end broke off.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of parmesan cheese.
- You need 8 oz of phyllo dough (half package).
Place a stalk of asparagus near the end of the phyllo dough strip and then use fingers to roll it up. Tip: many hands make this job much faster.and fun! If need be, put a bit of butter on your finger to seal ends. Repeat process with more phyllo and asparagus, placing rolled asparagus onto baking sheet in rows, seam side down.
asparagus wrapped in phyllo instructions
- pre heat oven 450°F Fahrenheit heat pan add oil and butter add asparagus.
- to the asparagus cook to almost tender add salt garlic and cheese.
- take dough roll it out take two sheets fold long ways in half take asparagus and roll it up in the dough try for both ends showing.
- bake in oven 5-7 minutes golden brown.
Place asparagus at the bottom of the triangle and roll asparagus up into phyllo dough. Add a little dab of butter at the end of the dough to keep it closed if needed. Cut the phyllo in thirds the long way. Lay a strip of ham, the long way on each sheet. Lay an asparagus spear cross-wise on the ham / phyllo and roll up like a cigar.