Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup. Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup mandolin.cole Norman, Oklahoma. seriously, this is my most requested soup. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables.
Or, add additional cream, for an over-the-top soup that is even more decadent. In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. You cook rolled oats with the asparagus and puree everything to a thick and silky creaminess which tastes nothing of oats and only fresh asparagus! You can have Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup
- You need 32 oz of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 4 lb of fresh asparagus.
- Prepare 1 quart of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of real butter.
- Prepare 2 bunch of whole scallions.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 10 small of red potatoes.
- You need 1 quart of sliced baby portabellos.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
I have made this soup with all vegetable broth and it was terrific. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. When the soup begins to boil, cover and decrease the heat to low. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup step by step
- clean scallions and add them to food processor with about 1/3 cup of the vegetable stock and give scallions a course cup.
- in a large stock pot start the vegetable stock heating to a boil, chop the potatoes and add them to the stock.
- in a large sauce pan heat butter and olive oil to medium heat.
- add chopped scallions and crushed garlic cloves to heated butter and oil, saute until tender. about 5 minutes.
- add flour to the pan with scallions, stir often for another 5 minutes..
- slowly add cream to the flour and scallions and stir constantly until it begins to thicken.
- turn off sauce pan heat and set aside.
- clean asparagus and chop off any woody bottom parts. steam in microwave safe bowl on high in Microwave for about 8 minutes..
- put asparagus in food processor and blend until fairly smooth, pour into vegetable stock.
- pour the contents of sauce pan into stock carefully while stirring.
- add sour cream to stock and mix well.
- add seasoning, adjust seasoning for taste, let all simmer about 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before done, add mushrooms.
Strain remaining asparagus stock directly into saucepan with the potatoes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Every year, when peak asparagus season arrives (it's now!), a big pot of silky, cream-kissed asparagus soup is always the first thing I make. Made with just two bunches of asparagus and a couple of pantry staples, it packs in the bright freshness I crave this time of year while still delivering all the comfort I expect from a creamy bowl of soup. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet.