Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus. Trim the dry ends off of the asparagus. If the spears are thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler. Place them in the top half of the steamer pan set.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add asparagus. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan. It is not necessary to peel thin asparagus. You can have Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus using 3 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus
- It’s 1 lb of asparagus.
- You need 1 tsp of walnut, almond, or extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
Cut the asparagus to fit into your steamer basket. Cover and steam until the asparagus are. Steaming asparagus is simplicity itself and is one of the healthiest and tastiest ways to eat asparagus. As the name suggests steaming vegetables, including asparagus, involves sitting the vegetables in steam rather than in water.
Preparing/ Steaming Asparagus instructions
- Preparing and steaming asparagus without a steamer is easy to do with aluminum foil and a shallow pan with a top..
- Take one asparagus and gently bend the bottom end..
- The asparagus will break away from the tough end. Discard tough ends..
- Line up all the asparagus and cut off the same amount from the bottom..
- Gently clean with cold water..
- Use shallow pan and sheet of aluminum foil..
- Prepare a "pillow" with aluminum foil..
- Place asparagus in pan with the thicker pieces to back..
- Pour enough water that the lower parts are just submerged..
- Steam on medium to high heat until the asparagus change to a deep green, but are still firm..
- Remove from pan and place in serving dish..
- Drizzle oil, add lemon juice salt and pepper to taste..
The steam cooks the vegetables without allowing as much of the goodness to leach out into the water. Steaming requires placing the asparagus in a basket that sits over a pan of boiling water and covered by a lid. The water itself does not touch it. Instead, the steam created by the boiling water cooks the asparagus. Regardless, make sure to eat asparagus within a few days of purchase.