Pounded yam en egusi soup. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Other food in the swallow group includes fufu – made from cassava flour, Eba, Amala, and more. Learn how to make Nigeria's most popular soup Egusi.
Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores. Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, can be substituted and are available in Latin American grocery stores. Peel, wash and boil yam till its well cooked, pound, mold into balls and set aside. You can have Pounded yam en egusi soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pounded yam en egusi soup
- It’s of Yam.
- It’s of Egusi.
- It’s of Fresh tomatoes.
- You need of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Red pepper.
- You need of Spinach.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- It’s of Red oil.
- Prepare of Groundnut oil.
- It’s leaf of Bitter.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of Cray fish.
- Prepare of Beef.
Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. Egusi soup and pounded yam is such a mouthwatering and appetising dish to behold. In a recent video shared on Zion's official Instagram page, he was seen eating the popular Nigerian delicacy, Pounded yam and Egusi soup with his dad.
Pounded yam en egusi soup step by step
- Peel your yam wash and put on fire wen soft pound it and rolled it in a white leather.
- Boiled your beef with onions cloves and garlic and seasonings.
- In a pot add your groundnut oil wen hot add your grated fresh tomatoes scotch bonnet and red pepper stir.
- After like 5 min add your seasonings and your boiled beef leave for like another 5min.
- Pour your egusi In a bowl and add a little water mixed it very well and be adding it to the stew on fire wen u are done you stir.
- After like 5 min add your red oil and grinded cray fish and your cut and washed spinach with onions.
- Wash your bitter leaf with salt wash it like 3 times and add to it after like 5min u can bring it down serve it with your pounded yam.
- Hmmm yummy u need to try this.
Fans trooped to his comment section to commend the singer for exposing his son to the Yoruba culture while others have gushed over Zion's. HOW TO MAKE EGUSI SOUP AND POUNDED YAM This edition of the Kusine on Travel TV Channel provides information on the process of cooking Yam flour and Egusi soup. There's nothing quite like egusi soup. There's nothing quite like egusi soup.