Chicken liver pate.
You can cook Chicken liver pate using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken liver pate
- Prepare 500 grams of chicken livers.
- Prepare 125 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chopped chilli.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweet red wine OR marsala OR sherry.
Chicken liver pate step by step
- Fry the chopped onion, garlic and chilli in a little bit of butter until glazed..
- Add the chicken livers and cook until done. Add the sweet wine (replace with water with a dash of vinegar if you don't want to (or can't) use alcohol)..
- Take the chicken livers off the heat and put the butter in. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- When the butter has melted liquidise the livers until smooth..
- Place in a terrine and place in the fridge until it has set..
- Serve with provita biscuits or plain crackers..