Pounded yam and Okro soup. Jack was lucky enough to have Jane cooking Nigerian Okro soup & Pounded Yam! Bon appetit! * Today's featured recipe from Shape Up African is loaded with heart-healthy egusi seeds, protein-rich beef and catfish, and delicious okra. Pounded Yam is a staple in many African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews like Egusi, okra soup, Jute leaves soup (Ewedu), or Stewed Spinach (Efo Riro).
And if you want the How to Make Ogbono and Pounded Yam From Scratch. Peel the yam with a sharp knife. Nigerian soups are the trademarks of the ethnic group they originate from. You can cook Pounded yam and Okro soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam and Okro soup
- Prepare of Beef.
- Prepare of Okro(grated).
- It’s of Okpei.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Knorr.
- You need of Dry fish.
- It’s of Onions(sliced/grated).
- It’s of Fresh pepper(sliced).
- You need of Palm oil.
- It’s of Few slices of yam.
Most Nigerians soups incorporate many vegetables and protein, and are usually finished off with palm oil or a stew/sauce. Today Nigerians across communities enjoy all types of soups available. Nigerian okra soup and pounded yam. How to prepare delicious okro Soup and pounded Yam Ingriedents: okro,scroch bornet,Fish,crap,cray fish,Palm Oil, Fish Stock.
Pounded yam and Okro soup instructions
- Wash and season ur beef with salt,sliced onions and knorr and bring to a boil..
- Add more water and cook beef till done and water dries a bit..
- In same pot of beef,add ur crayfish,peppers,knorr,Okpei,onions,palm oil and simmer for a few mins..
- Add ur okro and dry fish,stir and simmer for 3-4mins,ur Okro soup is ready..
- For d pounded yam,peel,wash and place yam in a pot,add water and cook till done and soft..
- Wash ur Mortar and pestle and set aside..
- Once d yam is done, place dem on d mortar and begin to pound till smooth, add little hot water and continue pounding till u get a smooth silky texture..
- Ur pounded yam and Okro soup is ready..
Okra (Okro) Soup is a farm fresh soup recipe prepared with green vegetables. Do you know how to prepare it so that the vegetables How to cook Okra Soup [Video] This soup is known as Miyan Kubewa in Hausa. Do you want to prepare this soup for your kids? After clearing my pounded yam, I picked a spoon and did justice to the soup. This soup is extra tasty as testified by all who ate it.