Eggnog rice pudding. Combine cornstarch and remaining eggnog until smooth; add to pan. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, cherries, vanilla and salt. Whisk in some of the hot eggnog mixture.
This Eggnog Rice Pudding is a warm and comforting way to start a December morning. Make it to get in the holiday spirit, or make it with leftover eggnog! Either way, this Eggnog Rice Pudding will warm you up on a cold winter morning. You can have Eggnog rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggnog rice pudding
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 2 cups of milk (substitutes can work, does change flavor).
- You need 2/3 cup of white sugar (more or less if desired).
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar).
- Prepare 1-2 of table spoons cinnamon (more or less to taste).
- Prepare 4 of eggs (beaten).
- Prepare dash of nutmeg for garnish (gives the nog flavor).
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Eggnog rice pudding made with liqueur is a delicious dessert. Let me show you how simple it is to elicit rave reviews with very little time or effort! Sometimes you want something festive, delicious and comforting, but you really don't have time to spend on making a complicated recipe. Making a seasonal version like this Holiday Eggnog Rice Pudding at the holidays, is such a decadent dessert option given the advantage of a rich eggnog custard, creating yet another opportunity to enjoy the flavors of the season.
Eggnog rice pudding instructions
- In an enabled pot (or if you are patient any pot on low) heat up the milk, when it starts to simmer ever so slightly put in beaten eggs (always stirring) then add sugar, cinnimon, salt, vanilla..
- Once thoroughly mixed, add rice. Remove from heat (unless using cold rice, then let heat up a bit on burnner). Now desired consistency is up to you, if left this way tends to be thick, just stir in milk a little at a time till a freer desired consistency..
- Pour or scoop into bowls and garnish with nutmeg, can be served hot or cold..
The rice is tender and the raisins are chewy and the pudding part is so creamy. Add in eggnog flavor and it's like heaven in your mouth. I grabbed a bottle of International Delight's Classic Nog when I was at the grocery store last week. As soon as I got home, I opened it up and took a swig right from the container. Cooked, just so in water with a bit of salt and a few strips of lemon zest.
This Weeks Top Stories About Healthy Food | Eggnog rice pudding
Always recall that healthy food for children consists of a variety of food combinations from the four major food groups. As long as you are dexterous to strike a story taking into consideration all the food groups – dairy, meat protein, fruits, vegetables, and grains – youre all set. Here are some useful tips to get you started.
Food cravings for tasty, calorie laden treats are one of the banes of anyone grating to lose weight. Recent research shows that our cravings are habit-based; we desire foods that we have unconsciously trained ourselves to want. If thats the case, we should be clever to train ourselves to desire healthy foods and snacks instead.
Making healthy food unconventional doesnt come naturally. We learn it abandoned as soon as we consider it is important to us. Here are five personal reasons I have established to make healthy food choices.
Undoubtedly, afire fat is practically consuming healthy food. with we eat right, eat healthy food, we accomplish not have to bustle approximately on fire fat anymore. full of life out at the gym for hours on fire calories will not cut your weight and burn sufficient of your fat in imitation of you get not judge what you consume. It means that afire fat by and no-one else put-on exercise is not enough. Yes, you can burn fat and lose some of your weight by perform exercise but if you attain not preserve what goes in from your mouth, soon you will get incite the fat you burn. The root misery is controlling what goes into your body. And consuming healthy food is the solution.