Crockpot Cranberry Orange Chicken. DIRECTIONS Rub salt onto chicken breasts and place in bottom of crock pot. In a medium bowl place onion, celery, cranberry sauce, orange juice, dry mustard, cinnamon, lemon juice, honey, brown sugar and chili sauce. Stir and pour over chicken breasts.
Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, Lipton recipe secret envelope, some black pepper, fresh minced garlic and a sprinkle of adobo in a bowl. It's ok if a few lumps of cranberry sauce remain !!! 🙂 Pour cranberry sauce mixture over chicken thighs in crockpot. You can have Crockpot Cranberry Orange Chicken using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Cranberry Orange Chicken
- It’s 1 of large pack chicken thighs (bone in, skin on).
- You need 1 can of cranberry sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 envelope of Lipton recipe secrets(dry onion soup mix).
- Prepare of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- You need 1 of onion, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 pound of baby carrots.
- It’s of Sprinkle Black Pepper.
- You need of Sprinkle Adobo.
To make simple chicken breasts more interesting, we decided to use canned whole-berry cranberry sauce, which we livened up with orange juice and zest and fresh thyme. The chicken took on the sweet flavors as it cooked in the mixture. Serve up this Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Chicken for dinner tonight. Juicy, tart, sweet, and a seasonal recipe to make this fall and winter month.
Crockpot Cranberry Orange Chicken instructions
- Rinse your chicken thighs in cold water and pat dry with paper towels, then place on top of large baking sheet…….
- Generously sprinkle both sides of thighs with black pepper and adobo……
- Set your oven to BROIL and broil thighs until golden, then place thighs into your crockpot…..
- Combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, Lipton recipe secret envelope, some black pepper, fresh minced garlic and a sprinkle of adobo in a bowl……Mix well…..It’s ok if a few lumps of cranberry sauce remain !!! 🙂.
- Pour cranberry sauce mixture over chicken thighs in crockpot…….
- Add onions and baby carrots to crockpot……Stir gently……..
- Cook on low for 6 hours………
- Serve with some veggies or mashed potatoes and enjoy 😉!.
If preparing right away add chicken, orange juice and cranberry sauce to crockpot. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, brown sugar, molasses, orange juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over chicken. Remove meat from bone or shred if desired. Serve with cranberry mixture and rice. In medium bowl, combine Catalina, Cranberry Sauce, Onion Soup Mix and Marmalade and stir thoroughly.