Filipino chicken adobo. Combine the chicken thighs, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a large pot. Bring the chicken to a boil. Adobo is a simple and hearty Filipino dish.
Make-Ahead and Storage Because of the salinity and acidity of the sauce, chicken adobo will keep very well in the refrigerator. In a sealed airtight container, chicken adobo will keep for at least a week and a half in the. Filipino Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines and may well become your new favourite Asian chicken dish! You can cook Filipino chicken adobo using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Filipino chicken adobo
- It’s Half of a chicken, cut into 4 parts.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need 100 ml of Cane vinegar.
- It’s 100 ml of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 pc of leaf bay.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot.
- Prepare 80 g of white scallion.
- You need 10 g of ginger.
- You need 5 pc of chilli labuyo.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated coconut.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of achiote seeds.
- You need 125 ml of canola oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
Just a few everyday ingredients I can practically guarantee you already have, it's an effortless recipe that yields juicy, tender chicken coated in a sweet savoury glaze with little pops of heat from peppercorns. For this Filipino Chicken Adobo dish, chicken thighs and drumsticks are braised in vinegar and soy sauce loaded with garlic, bay leaves and black peppercorns. A wonderful fall apart, savory chicken best served over steamed rice. What is the Difference Between Mexican and Filipino Adobo?
Filipino chicken adobo instructions
- Marinate chicken in 80ml soy sauce, 80ml vinegar, 80ml water and 1tbsp cumin powder. Best to marinate over night..
- Coarsely chop garlic and onion..
- In a pan, add achiote oil and sauté garlic and onion until translucent..
- Add in the chicken from the marinade and sear until it starts to brown..
- Add in the marinade and simmer for 30 mins..
- While simmering prepare palapa condiment. In a mortar and pestle – grind chopped chillis, ginger, white scallion and grated coconut..
- Sauté for 30 seconds just until aroma comes out. Set aside.
- To make the fried garlic, mince garlic and fry on achiote oil until browned and crispy. Set aside..
- To make achiote oil, in a sauce pan mix together 125ml oil, 1 clove garlic and 3tbsp achiote seeds. Cook in a slow fire until oil turns red and aroma comes out..
- Once adobo liquid has thickened, add in 20ml soy sauce and 20ml vinegar and simmer a little bit more until desired consistency..
- Plate and garnish with fried garlic and palapa. Finish by dripping in achiote oil..
Chicken Adobo is a Filipino chicken recipe that is well loved by many people. The ingredients are chicken, bay leaves, black peppercorn and bay leaves. You can use any parts of the chicken: breasts, thighs, legs or wings. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.