Egusi with grilled chicken and fufu. Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds. It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal that is often accompanied with swallows like Eba, Amala, Semovita, Pounded yam, Fufu, and the likes. Some hardcore like I am will even serve over Rice.
Fufu is generally tastless and rely on the richness of the soups to make the meal delicious. It is common knowledge that Nigerians especially the Igbos from the eastern part of the country, must have at least one fufu meal in a day. Here is an authentic Egusi soup recipe for your enjoyment. You can cook Egusi with grilled chicken and fufu using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egusi with grilled chicken and fufu
- It’s of Egusi.
- You need of Bitterleaves.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Palmoil.
- Prepare cubes of Seasoning.
- It’s of Ofor.
- Prepare of Smoked peppered chicken.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Crayfish.
See a step by step guid on how to prepare this top west African dish. Egusi soup or melon soup is made from the dry seeds of the melon plant closely related to squash. Fufu, or pounded yam is eaten dipped in the egusi soup. Fufu is made by combining dried yam flour with hot water and beating it until it thickens.
Egusi with grilled chicken and fufu step by step
- Blend the egusi.heat up palmoil to bleach for 2minutes.fry the blended egusi..
- After frying for like 5minutes be stirring as is frying pour in water stir and cover to boil very well..
- Put ofor stir and cook for the soup to thicken add crayfish,pepper,salt,seasoning cubes stir and boil for like 10minutes..
- Wash and add the bitterleaves cook untill the bitter taste of the leaves no more there and serve with the smoked peppered chicken..
Both egusi soup and pounded yam are traditionally eaten with your hands. Add the goat meat to the egusi mixture and simmer together for about an hour, or until the meat is tender. Serve with fufu or pounded yam. Legit.ng News ★ A man has got many Nigerians talking after he said that Africans eat fufu and egusi soup with spoon. He told his audience to follow the measure to avoid – A young man has generated reactions from Nigerians after his video advising people to eat fufu with only a spoon surfaced online.