Cheesy Asparagus in a Cast Iron Skillet. Before you jump to Cheesy Asparagus in a Cast Iron Skillet recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Healthy. On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. Cut the woody ends off the bottoms, and discard.
Add the asparagus, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and top with garlic. In a medium-sized cast-iron skillet set over medium heat, begin cooking the bacon, stirring occasionally. You can cook Cheesy Asparagus in a Cast Iron Skillet using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Asparagus in a Cast Iron Skillet
- Prepare 1 pound of asparagus spears.
- You need 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 5 rashers of bacon.
- It’s To taste of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
Turn the heat down to low and stir in the salt, pepper, nutmeg, thyme and flour. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add the asparagus, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. How to cook asparagus in a cast iron pan, is today's cast iron cooking video.
Cheesy Asparagus in a Cast Iron Skillet step by step
- Crisp the bacon then set aside. When it cools it will turn more crisp. Chop it into bits. Set aside. Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit..
- Add 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings to a hot cast iron skillet. Cut the woody ends off the bottoms, and discard. Add the spears to the hot skillet you can hear a slight sizzle. Add half the parmesan cheese then add the bacon bits..
- Add the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Shred the cheddar cheese add on top. Put into oven 20 minutes. Let rest 3 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Pan fried asparagus is the best! Rinse the asparagus in cold water and trim off tough ends of stalks. Heat the ghee and olive oil together in the cast iron skillet, over a medium heat. Add the asparagus to the pan, shaking the pan gently to coat the asparagus in the melted ghee and olive oil. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.