Pounded yam nd stew. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often Ingredients needed for making pounded Yam. Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred to as puna yam, true yam or African yam. I have never eaten yams, and.
Learn how to make the perfect stretchy Pounded Yam right here. To prepare pounded yam from scratch, you simply cook white yam and pound the yam pieces with a mortar and pestle when done. Pounded yam is one of the many yam recipes in Nigeria. it is very delicious and also very popular. You can cook Pounded yam nd stew using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pounded yam nd stew
- Prepare of Yam.
- It’s of Tomatoes peste.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare of Granded chilli nd redbell.
- It’s of Maggi.
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare of Fried Fish/meat(optional).
- You need of Baking powder(optional).
I like it best when it is served with egusi soup. Most folks outside the shores of Nigeria are yet to completely grasp the idea behind pounding yam. On this page, I want to tell you everything you will. This vegetable stew is prepared with the Nigerian spinach called efo shoko (green amaranth), any green vegetable will do.
Pounded yam nd stew step by step
- Ki fere dayarki ki wanke ki saka a pot ki xuba ruwa tai ta da huwa until ki a daukowa tana gutsurewa sai kiyi wanke dirminki wane sosai sai ki dauko yam dinki ki zuba a ciki sai ki ta dakawa ha sai tayi laushi sai ki xuba ruwan xafi ki ta dakawa sai ki kwashe ki saka a Leda(optional).
- Fried our oil with onion put our tomatoes grand chilli nd redbell after some time put our baking powder(optional) nd all ur spices nd maggi nd ur fried fish cover it until it done.
This pounded yam is *THE* real deal. Wholesome yams made from scratch using a food processor. These are most often ground and used as a thickening and flavoring agent in soups and stews. It has a distinct aroma to it. pounded yam. Used in countries where pounded yam is eaten (lower West Africa, particularly Nigeria, Cameroon, and Ghana).