Chicken Cordon blue. The chicken will bake into a beautiful, golden, and crispy piece of meat that's perfectly swirled on the inside. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. Add the French classic chicken cordon bleu to your dinner rotation with recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network.
Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs. Wrap the chicken in the plastic wrap tightly and use the excess plastic on the sides to twist, firming up the roll of chicken cordon bleu as you work. The classic way to make Chicken Cordon Bleu involves breast pounded until thin, layered with ham and cheese, rolled into a log, chilled, dredged in flour then egg then breadcrumbs then deep fried (and you need a lot of oil to deep fry them). You can cook Chicken Cordon blue using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon blue
- It’s 6 pcs of chicken breast.
- You need slices of ham.
- You need 100 g of sticks of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 pcs of whole eggs.
- You need 100 g of flour.
- It’s 200 g of bread crumbs.
- You need of oil for frying.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu With only six ingredients, this entree packs loads of flavor. This tempting dish is easy enough for a weeknight, but special enough for guests as well. Sarah Christenson – Lone Tree, Colorado Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu baked in the oven and topped with a delicious sauce with a trick for wrapping them perfectly, without toothpicks! I love to serve chicken cordon bleu with these easy French Green Beans, or Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables!
Chicken Cordon blue step by step
- Pound the chicken using a meat hammer and lay then on a plastic film, season it with salt and pepper. place the ham in the middle and cheese on top of the ham.
- Follow the pictures as shown, after rolling place the chicken roll in the freezer about 30 mins. to set the chicken intact and firm when breading.
- Prepare the breading station, and start breading it, it is advisable that you have to chill the breaded chicken first to the freezer about 20 minutes, before frying it in the hot oil..
- Set your cooking oil hot and fry the chicken into the golden brown color. After frying place the chicken into the oven to finish cooking it, set your oven to 176F temperature and cook the chicken for 35 mins. After cooking, rest the chicken rolled for a while then cut it the way you like it, serves with any chicken gravy, or any mayonnaise base sauces. ENJOY.
This Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is a fancy but simple meal that anyone can make. Chicken cordon bleu is a French-inspired poultry dish, although evidence suggests that it was actually developed in the United States by chefs imitating other stuffed meat dishes from Europe. "Cordon bleu" in Chicken Cordon Bleu translates to "blue ribbon," and it's a reference to cooking of a very high standard or done by exceptional cooks. Switzerland is considered a probable contender for the geographical homeland of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Chicken Cordon Bleu is all about protein and fat, so you'll want something starchy to counterbalance the richness. And when it comes to starch, you can't go wrong with a simple serving of steamed white rice.