Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup. Cook up a pot of soup! This recipe is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota.
Whew, Thanksgiving is officially checked off the list, and now there's Christmas, Hanukkah If you're a fan of Whole Foods turkey wild rice soup or Panera Bread Chicken wild rice soup, then prepared to no longer enjoy it as much. Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. You can have Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- Prepare 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- Prepare 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- You need 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 of lg sweet potato.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 qt of whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- Prepare 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- It’s 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- You need 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- Prepare of Texas toast.
I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk. You can use this same recipe to make a CHICKEN and wild rice soup of course Just substitute the meat and stock in the recipe! th ___↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK TO GET MORE. Wild rice is cooked in chicken broth, then combined with turkey, bacon and cream in this warm soup seasoned with poultry seasoning and green onions. This is the best turkey rice soup I have ever experienced.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I have made it four or five times since I found the recipe back at Thanksgiving time and it. Creamy Wild-Rice Soup with Smoked Turkey. It does need a touch more salt and we added a cup of cooked wild rice, which added nice texture, color and great flavor. This is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota. Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer.