Creamy Chicken Kabocha. Creamy Chicken and Kabocha Squash Shells. Don't be deceived by the lack of added seasonings. Adding the squash makes the whole thing rich and smooth, with a color and consistency similar to Kraft Mac'N'Cheese!
Add onion, kabocha slices, flowering shallot, water, and stir occasionally. When the kabocha is a bit soft, add powdered broth, black pepper, and mace. Tender pieces of chicken and kabocha squash simmered in a creamy, buttery sauce and served with a side of rice. You can cook Creamy Chicken Kabocha using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Kabocha
- Prepare 250 gr of chicken fillet, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1/3 of kabocha (about 300-400 grams, deseeded, sliced thinly (no need to peel the skin).
- Prepare 4 of flowering shallot stalks, sliced (you can also use leek or spring onion).
- It’s 1 tbsp of powdered broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground mace.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooking cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of fermented garlic oil (or you can use regular oil).
- Prepare 1 tsp of fermented garlic (you can use fresh ones, but double the portion).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
Red Thai curry with chicken and Kabocha squash is quite simple and is delicious with a tinge of spiciness from the red curry paste. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Discard fat and wipe pot clean. When you see a rich golden color on the outer edge flip the squash over.
Creamy Chicken Kabocha step by step
- Stir-fry the chicken with fermented garlic and the oil until the chicken becomes golden brown..
- Add onion, kabocha slices, flowering shallot, water, and stir occasionally. When the kabocha is a bit soft, add powdered broth, black pepper, and mace. Stir occasionally..
- When the kabocha is soft and the chicken is firm, add cooking cream. Stir and correct the taste if necessary..
Fit with a steamer basket and arrange ginger in basket. Chicken Burrito Stuffed Squash Bowls Kabocha makes a great bowl as a tortilla replacement for an otherwise traditional chicken burrito filling. The chicken is tender and flavorful and the creamy sauce is just out of this world. The chicken can be served with a side of veggies, rice, or even pasta. In this recipe, tender chunks of sweet kabocha, umami mushrooms and macaroni are cooked in a creamy béchamel sauce, topped off with panko breadcrumbs and baked until crispy golden.