Egusi soup with pounded yam. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this It is one of the most popular soups prepared by most tribes in Nigeria with considerable variation and often eaten with dishes like Pounded Yams. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. You can have Egusi soup with pounded yam using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egusi soup with pounded yam
- You need of Poundo yam flour.
- Prepare of Meat.
- Prepare of Egusi.
- You need of Fresh pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Bitterleaf.
- You need of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Palmoil.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Stockcubes.
In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. The Yorubas make efo elegusi while the Igbos make ofe egusi, all with similar ingredients but with. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Other food in the swallow group includes fufu – made from cassava flour, Eba, Amala, and more.
Egusi soup with pounded yam instructions
- Boil the meat season it with salt,onion and stock cubes.Heat up pot,fry the egusi then allow to cool and blend to be smooth.bleach palmoil and fry the egusi always stir as is frying.pour in the meat and stock more water to the quantity you want..
- Allow it to boil,pit in other seasoning salt,pepper,crayfish,stockcubes after twelve minutes.rinse and pour in the bitterleaves.boil for another 4mins..
- Boil a cup of water sprinkle in the poundo yam and stir with a stir for 5minutes pour in little water and let it boil small allow to cool then serve..
Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. For the egusi soup recipe, follow the steps outlined here. The pounded yam is made by boiling peeled yam and then pounding it until tender, then you can shape it as desired. Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors!