BBQ Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Spears. Place asparagus in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over spears and coat each one. Repeat with remaining asparagus and bacon.
They browned up perfectly, leaving the asparagus crisp tender. I also sprinkled the finished spears with some parm cheese. Wrap a bacon strip around each asparagus spear. You can cook BBQ Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Spears using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Spears
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh asparagus spears.
- You need 1 pound of bacon.
- It’s of Small block of shaved parmesan.
- You need of Grated parmesan.
- It’s of BBQ Sauce.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Thread eight asparagus spears onto two parallel soaked wooden skewers. Secure with toothpicks and line side by side on baking sheet. Next, season your wraps with salt, pepper, and top with grated parmesan. Clean the asparagus, snap off the woody ends.
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Spears step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. (Bonus Tip!*Or start warming up your grill. If grilling, cook time will be cut in half.) Group asparagus together in groups of 2-3 depending on size. Hold them together one by one and place a piece or 2 of shaved parmesan on top of the asparagus and then wrap it all together in bacon strips. Secure with toothpicks and line side by side on baking sheet..
- Next, season your wraps with salt, pepper, and top with grated parmesan..
- Finally, cover wraps in your favorite BBQ sauce and let marinate for 10-20 minutes, before popping in the oven or onto the grill. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour depending on how crispy you want your bacon. Enjoy!.
Oil the grill and add the bundles to the grill. After marinating is done, pull the asparagus out and wrap, the long way, with a bacon strip. Use a toothpick on the top and bottom of the asparagus to keep it on during cooking. Drop a couple pinches of pepper to taste on the wrapped spears. COOKING – Times depend on thickness of the Asparagus Spear and Bacon.