Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe. Peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. When the mustard seeds start popping, add potatoes, mix it well, so that potatoes are covered in spice. Mauritian-style mashed aubergine or eggplant with potato is made in a skillet where thinly sliced aubergine are braised until they disintegrate into a flavourful puree.
Add the aubergines to the pan with the methi and another good. Eggplant is also known as Aubergine or Brinjal or Baingan. This is one of my FAVE veggies (I just love it!!). You can cook Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe
- It’s 2 of medium size aubergine, 1 medium size potatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 of tomato and 3 chillies chopped, 1 onion sliced,1 tbsn Kashmiri.
- You need of Powder,1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander powder,2 cloves,3 black pepper.
- Prepare of And salt this is for aubergine.
- Prepare of Lentils:1 1/2 cup red lentils, 2 to 3 cups water,2 green.
- You need of Chillies chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1tbsn Kashmiri red chilli.
- You need 1 of tbsn turmeric,1 cube maggi and 1 tsp salt.
- It’s of TEMPERING the lentils.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, few curry leaves,1 tbsn cumin seeds and 1 tbsn.
- Prepare of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 3 of tbsn oil for the TEMPERING,3 tbsn oil for aubergine veggie.
At home we know this dish as ringna-bateta (literally means eggplant-potato). Goes beautifully with rotis or rice. Pull the eggplant off the sheetpan and evenly spread the potato rounds out over the sheetpan and then layer the eggplant over the potatoes. Drizzle the potatoes with remaining ¼ cup olive oil and then sprinkle the potatoes with the dried oregano, salt and pepper.
Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe step by step
- First cut all the vegetables.now heat 3 tbsn oil add the onions, pepper and clove.mix for few minutes. Now add the tomatoes with turmeric, ginger,garlic paste,red chilli powder coriander powder and salt and mix well cook for 3 min,oil floats up add vegetables mix and close the lid.
- When it's cook,cook on high flame for 5 mins.until all it's water dries up.ur veggie is ready.
- Now wash the lentils, add the 1 chopped tomato,2 chopped chillies,red chilli powder,turmeric powder wit 2 cup of water and cook till done.now add one maggi cube,1 tsp salt mix and boil 2 mins and add 1/2 cup coriander leaves.ur lentils/dal ready (add little water if u want watery).
- Now for TEMPERING lentils,heat a pan with 3 tbsn oil(acc to u)now add all the above ingredients for TEMPERING as in pic 1.now as garlic turn little brown.now serve all hot with rice and popadum. enjoy😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
Now generously spoon the sauce over the eggplant rounds. Brown eggplant and potato slices in olive oil. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Saute onion and ground beef in olive oil brown; drain extra fat. Potato Eggplant – Aloo Baingan Subji Vegetable side dish recipe with aubergine and potato.