Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. Shred chicken meat with two forks right in the slow cooker. Serve shredded chicken and gravy as is or spoon over cooked noodles or mashed potatoes. Mix vigorously so you don't have lumpy gravy.
Instructions Add the dry chicken gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, onion powder, garlic powder, and water to the slower cooker pot. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from the bones, and set aside. For the gravy, in a large saucepan, melt butter, then whisk in flour. You can have Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes
- You need 4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 tbls of slap yo mama cajun seasoning.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s of Gravy.
- It’s 2 tbls of flour.
- You need 2 tbls of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of med onion.
- You need 2 of tlbs butter.
Place the chicken breast into the slow cooker Pour the gravy mixture over your chicken breast. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Reduce temperature to warm then shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Serve chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes step by step
- Boil chicken with cajun seasoning until done. Let cool and shred. (DO NOT THROW OUT WATER!!).
- Sauté onion with 2 tlbs butter add oil and flour to make roux..
- Add stock from boiled chicken. Salt and pepper to taste Add water if to thick..
- Add chicken and heat throughout..
- Pour over mashed potatoes.
If you served the shredded chicken on a slice of bread and then put the masjed potatoes on the same plate and then covered it all with gravy it would be called a "hot chicken sandwich". But if you are serving the shredded chick in the gravy on top of the mashed potatoes it is called "Hot chicken potato pie". Shredded chicken and mashed potatoes, served with green bean casserole and spiced beets. Good old country-fare, this was everybody's favorite "hot lunch" at St. Its an easy, stick-to-the-ribs kind of dinner that's sure to please even the pickiest eater.