Pounded yam & okro soup. In multiple world regions, other unrelated root crops are also Ingredients needed for making pounded Yam. Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred. Pounded yam is one of the many yam recipes in Nigeria. it is very delicious and also very popular.
Join GEENA as she takes you through fun cooking and eating on the best Cook show in Nigeria (we no dey make mouth). www.foodiesandspice.blogspot.com. Pounded Yam is the most stretchy of all the Nigerian fufu recipes that is if it is well prepared. It has the softness of semolina fufu hence it is not as hard as cassava fufu. You can cook Pounded yam & okro soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam & okro soup
- Prepare of Okro fingers (200naira worth).
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of big ball of Onion.
- It’s of Chicken (cooked).
- It’s of Goat meat (cooked).
- You need of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Ogu leave.
- It’s 2 of Smoked fish.
- Prepare of Dry fish.
- It’s 1 of tuber of Yam.
Pounded Yam can be prepared by. Electric Yam pounded for pounding yam. Find pounded yam stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
Pounded yam & okro soup step by step
- Wash the okro & chop it into any shape of choice. Place pot on heat with meat & it's stock & allow to boil..
- Check the seasoning, now add palm oil, black pepper & washed crayfish & allow to cook.
- Add chopped okro & washed/chopped leave at the same time. Add smoked fish in pieces, allow for 3 mins & turn off heat.
- For pounded yam, peel a tuber of yam, wash & cut into preferred sizes. Place pot with water on heat. When it's hot add washed yam & ensure the water isn't drowning the yam..
- When yam is soft, wash mortar, put yam inside & pound or use a food processor if you have one. If it's too hard add a little hot water to your preferred consistency & serve as above… Enjoy!.
Item description states "all-natural" pounded Yam. Pounded Yam and Ogbono Soup – A tasty and hearty Nigerian soup made from Ogbono seeds (bush mango seeds) added with pre-cooked meat. Pounded yam is a dumpling one of the fufu meals from Africa. Traditionally eaten with the fingers and dipped in any of the sauces or soups from Africa. Yam is cooked until soft and transfered to a mortar.