Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream.
You can cook Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream
- It’s 400 grams of Japanese sweet potato (Naruto Kintoki variety).
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter or margarine.
- You need 50 grams of Heavy cream (or milk).
- It’s 60 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Brandy.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 1 of Vanilla essence.
Our Family Recipe For Baked Sweet Potato Cream step by step
- Wash and dry the sweet potato. Wrap up in aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 250 ℃ for 1 hour (if you steam or boil the potatoes the flavor will be different from when you bake them.).
- Peel off the skins and remove any hard parts. The net weight after peeling was 370 g. You can either puree it in a food processor, or pass it through a sieve at this point if you like..
- Mash the potatoes and put in a pot. Add the butter, heavy cream, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and brandy and heat over medium heat. If it's still a bit too stiff, add milk..
- Use a wooden spatula to knead and mix. Once it's stiff enough to be squeezed out of a pastry bag, remove from the heat and add the egg yolk (also add vanilla essence if you like)..
- Pass the mixture through a sieve. If you do it at the beginning it'll be stiff and may take a lot of time. If you do it at this stage it takes a lot less time..
- Put the cream in a pastry bag fitted with a star-shaped tip, and pipe it out into small baking cups or cocottes in a circular motion..
- Bake in the oven at 200 ℃ until browned on top, and they're done. I made these in small paper cups..