Chicken Fajitas. Check Out Chicken Fajita Recipe On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Chicken Fajitas Tips What can I use instead of chicken?
They are a tad larger than chicken breast strips, so be sure to add enough time to cook them through. Swap out the chicken for steak, tofu and even portobello mushrooms. Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of large garlic clove, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless.
- It’s 3 of large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow).
- You need 1 of onion thinly sliced.
Put the cilantro, lime juice, broth, scallions, garlic, jalapeno, honey, and salt in a blender, puree until smooth. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- Slice chicken into strips.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes..
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char..
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
- Cut peppers and onions into strips.
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil. Place the lid on the bowl and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. Looking for an easy chicken fajita recipe for an infusion of Mexican flavor at home? Save a trip to the restaurant with these sizzling fajitas seasoned with zesty McCormick® Fajita Seasoning Mix. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and cheese for the perfect Cinco de Mayo dish.