Egusi+stew and pounded yam. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred to as puna yam, true yam or African yam. Pounded Yam is a staple in many African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews like Egusi. Learn how to make Nigeria's most popular soup Egusi. You can cook Egusi+stew and pounded yam using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egusi+stew and pounded yam
- Prepare of Yam.
- It’s of Maggi.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Melon(egusi).
- You need leaves of Ugu.
- Prepare of Tomatoes and pepper(blended).
- You need of Fish(crocker).
- You need of Vegetable oil.
Peel, wash and boil yam till its well cooked, pound, mold into balls and set aside. Pounded yam goes best with egusi soup in Nigeria, learn how to pound yam in Nigeria, whether you want to try poundo yam or the traditional way of pounding. Pounded yam in a simple definition is simply boiled white yam that has undergone the process of pounding. There are other simple ways to.
Egusi+stew and pounded yam instructions
- Season fish with little maggi and salt add little water allow to steam for two minutes and bring out of water to drain out and fry.
- Boil blended tomatoes and pepper till water is dry and add the vegetable oil maggi salt put in the fish for Five more minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil mix melon with little and fry for a minute add maggi pepper allow to cook for two minutes rinse the ugu leaves very well and add allow for a minute to heat well.
- Serve both with pounded yam.
There's nothing quite like egusi soup. Almost every family has their own variation of this truly Nigerian dish – try ours for a guaranteed winner! Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, garlic, and crayfish. Add the stewing chicken pieces and press to submerge. Add a cup of chicken stock and bring to a simmer.