Ground Beef Kheema. Add the beef, breaking up lumps with a spoon, and saute until the meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle in the fresh English peas. This saucy keema, which can be made with chicken, lamb, beef or a combination of meat, is simple, comforting home cooking — the meat stretched out and made luxurious in a reduction of spiced.
My family is Desi and to make this the traditional pakistani way use ground beef. Also we add potatoes that cook in the broth. It always has peas in it traditionally. You can have Ground Beef Kheema using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Kheema
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 3 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 3 teaspoons of ground fresh ginger.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of coriander.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of cayenne.
- You need 1/4 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of large potato diced.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro to garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
Also it is missing cumin (this is a MAJOR ingredient in keema) as well as a couple cinnamon sticks and some cloves. Keema is an Indian ground beef or lamb curry recipe simmered with peas, potatoes, tomatoes, coconut milk, and spices. "Keema" translates to minced meat (aka ground meat) and the traditional variations are prepared with either peas (keema matar) or potatoes (keema aloo) or in the case of this particular recipe, both. Indian Keema Ground Beef Curry Cooking and serving keema curry Heat ghee/butter/olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
Ground Beef Kheema instructions
- In a large skillet warm the oil over medium high heat add the onions and cook until golden. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for another minute. Stir in the coriander, paprika, garam masala, cumin, and cayenne and cook for 1 minute..
- Add the beef breaking up lumps with a spoon and saute until the meat is no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, beef broth, and season with salt and pepper. Add in the chopped potatoes. Stir well and simmer partially covered about 20 minutes or longer until potatoes are tender and cooked..
- Stir in the vinegar and chopped cilantro, garnish with torn cilantro leaves and serve with warm naan bread.
An authentic Indian spiced ground (minced) beef recipe known as Qeema (or keema or kheema). This is a gem of a recipe because it tastes incredible but unlike many Indian dishes, there are no hard-to-find spices in the ingredients. Keema, a saucy, spiced, ground meat dish with peas, is comfort food that takes minutes to make in an instant pot! Have you ever had keema before? It kind of reminds me of Indian spaghetti sauce, only with fewer tomatoes and way more flavor.