Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake). Great recipe for Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake). And obviously it's pretty 😍😍😍 #heirloom If you like my recipes, please follow my Instagram @jenscookingdiary @jenscookdineandtravel Kueh Lapis, or Steamed Layer Cake / Jiu Ceng Gao, never fails to put a smile on my face. After all, who can forget having these as a child, peeling off the layers individually and slowly savouring each soft, springy layer of coconut-y goodness!
The firm-textured cake is an Indo (Dutch-Indonesian) version of the European multi-layered spit cake. In Indonesia, the cake is popularly known as (kue) lapis legit, literally "delicious layers (cake)", because it consists of many thin layers of cake. When cooled, discard pandan leaf and add in coconut milk and all flour. You can cook Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake)
- It’s of Liquid ingredients:.
- You need 500 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- It’s 300 gr of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of pandan leaves.
- You need of Dry ingredients: (mix together in a bowl).
- You need 250 gr of sago flour.
- Prepare 125 gr of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Additional ingredient :.
- It’s of red food coloring.
Mix until well combined and sieve through. Kueh lapis is sweet, and it tastes of coconut milk and pandan leaves. Tapioca starch, the main ingredient, makes the texture chewy and elastic. See more ideas about layered cake, layer cake, lapis legit.
Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake) instructions
- Boil all liquid ingredients only until the sugar dissolves. Stir continuously. Remove from the heat. Set aside until it’s warm..
- Gradually pour the warm liquid into a bowl filled with dry ingredients, stirring evenly using a whisk. Strain..
- Divide the batter into two equal parts. Add red food coloring into 1 part. Mix well..
- This is the most important step to do: Cover the lid of the steamer with a kitchen towel to prevent condensation from the lid from falling on to the steamed cake. Fill the steamer with water (below the steaming plate). Cover the steamer with the lid and slowly bring water to boil..
- Prepare the flower mold. Lightly brush the inside of the mold with cooking oil..
- Pour 1 tsp of white batter into the flower molds. Steam for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Pour 3 tsp of red batter into the flower molds. Steam for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Pour 3 tsp of white batter into the flower molds. Steam for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Lastly, pour 3 tsp of red batter into the flower molds. Steam for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let it cool..
- Remove flower layer cake from the molds. Serve it with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Yum 😋.
See recipes for Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake) too. See more ideas about Layer cake recipes, Cake, Cake recipes. Kue lapis legit, also known as Kue lapis Batavia or spekkoek (layer cake) is a rich kue consisting of thin alternating layers made of butter, eggs and sugar, piled on top of each other. Each layer is laid down and then grilled separately, making the creation of a kueh lapis an extremely laborious and time-consuming process. Kue Lapis Sagu Ombre (Ombre Steamed Sago Layered Cake) #mycookbook 'Lapis' in Indonesian means layered.
This Weeks Top Stories About Healthy Food | Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake)
Always recall that healthy food for children consists of a variety of food combinations from the four major food groups. As long as you are able to strike a report with every the food groups – dairy, meat protein, fruits, vegetables, and grains – youre all set. Here are some useful tips to get you started.
Food cravings for tasty, calorie laden treats are one of the banes of anyone maddening to lose weight. Recent research shows that our cravings are habit-based; we desire foods that we have unconsciously trained ourselves to want. If thats the case, we should be able to train ourselves to want healthy foods and snacks instead.
Making healthy food unorthodox doesnt arrive naturally. We learn it by yourself subsequently we deem it is important to us. Here are five personal reasons I have granted to create healthy food choices.
Undoubtedly, blazing fat is not quite consuming healthy food. in the manner of we eat right, eat healthy food, we do not have to excitement more or less burning fat anymore. working out at the gym for hours burning calories will not condense your weight and burn enough of your fat subsequent to you get not adjudicate what you consume. It means that afire fat by only take action exercise is not enough. Yes, you can burn fat and lose some of your weight by bill exercise but if you do not maintain what goes in from your mouth, soon you will acquire help the fat you burn. The root misfortune is controlling what goes into your body. And consuming healthy food is the solution.