Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green onions until tender. Stir in spinach and pecans until spinach is wilted. Generously season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
Chicken and mushrooms: In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper right inside the pan. Remove it onto a plate and add the sliced mushrooms in. You can cook Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake
- You need 2 cups of chicken, cooked (shredded).
- It’s 10 oz of mushrooms (canned or fresh).
- You need 6 oz of spinach roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mozzarella shredded.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of container of ricotta cheese or ¾ cup heavy cream.
- You need 3 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 oz of mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan grated.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and evenly season with Italian seasoning.
Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake instructions
- Boil chicken..
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper and sauté for 8 minutes..
- Stir in spinach (a handful at a time, allowing to wilt before adding the next handful), and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside..
- In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Heat on low, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth and homogeneous..
- In a casserole dish, arrange a layer of shredded chicken meat. Spread over half of the cheesy sauce then arrange a layer of mushroom-spinach mixture. Spread remaining sauce on top, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top or turn on broiler for the last 3-5 minutes for extra crispy cheese..
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy..
In a large skillet over medium high heat add the butter. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Try these baked chicken burgers as an alternative to hamburgers! Added mushrooms and onions give great texture to these burgers, with a little amped-up flavor as well. With buns and traditional burger fixings, or with your own twist, put a little something different on the table tonight.