Asparagus, tomato, and feta salad with balsamic vinaigrette. A super delicious asparagus, tomato and feta salad drizzled with an easy balsamic vinaigrette. It's healthy, colorful, and flavorful and has such a great blend of textures. Prepare salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Asparagus Salad with Feta, Tomatoes, Walnuts, and Balsamic Dressing Crisp, crunchy asparagus tossed in a sweet-tart balsamic vinaigrette with tangy feta cheese, grape tomatoes, and toasted walnuts. A perfect accompaniment to BBQ chicken, potato salad, steak or other meats. Great for picnics and BBQ or meal prep! You can cook Asparagus, tomato, and feta salad with balsamic vinaigrette using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asparagus, tomato, and feta salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- You need of Dressing.
- You need 6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard.
- You need 2 teaspoons of honey.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- It’s of Salad.
- It’s 2 pounds of fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed and remaining diced into 2-inch pieces.
- You need 2 cups of grape tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 2/3 cup of roasted sliced almonds.
- Prepare 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese (divided).
Mike Nadelman A super delicious asparagus, tomato and feta salad drizzled with an easy balsamic vinaigrette. Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar ¼ C. Package Grape Tomatoes, Halved ⅔ C. Arrange the asparagus on a platter and top with the tomatoes, croutons, feta, and chives.
Asparagus, tomato, and feta salad with balsamic vinaigrette step by step
- Make dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. While constantly whisking, add olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper..
- Prepare salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to ice water. Let it rest about 10 seconds before draining the asparagus well and transferring to another bowl..
- Add tomatoes and almonds to bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top and toss lightly. Mix in half the feta..
- Serve and garnish with remaining feta..
Blanch asparagus briefly in boiling water on stove top, then plunge into ice cold water to stop them from cooking. Chop asparagus into bite sized pieces. In large bowl combine asparagus and tomato. Add basil, sea salt and pepper. Add the asparagus, feta, tomato, green onion, and cilantro to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat.