Asparagus Casserole. Add the asparagus to a large pot of boiling water, keeping the bundles together with rubber bands or string. Cook for a couple of minutes; the asparagus should be bright green and still crunchy. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter.
In this baked asparagus side dish recipe, we smother tender-crisp asparagus spears with a creamy cheese sauce and top the casserole with crispy panko breadcrumbs. Blanching the asparagus first in boiling water helps preserve its vibrant green color. You can think of asparagus casserole as the spring version of Green Bean Casserole. You can have Asparagus Casserole using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asparagus Casserole
- It’s 2 of family sized cans of cream of mushroom soup condensed.
- You need 2 bundles of fresh asparagus.
- You need 2 containers of portabella mushrooms.
- It’s 1 can (12 oz) of evaporated milk.
- It’s of Fried onion crisps.
Asparagus gets topped with a bacon cream sauce, plenty of cheese, and the best part of all—Ritz crackers, which. Put a layer of asparagus on bottom then add soup. Next add mushrooms and half the cheese. Add second layer of asparagus and end with a layer of cheese.
Asparagus Casserole instructions
- If you used condensed soup then use evaporated milk. If soup is NOT condensed do NOT use evaporated milk..
- Rinse mushrooms and asparagus and slice. Asparagus cut bottom ends off and cut stalks in half length. Slice mushrooms. Layers them until all are in casserole dish..
- Pour cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk into a bowl and mix together. Then pour mixture over asparagus and mushrooms. Cover with tinfoil and cool at 350° until asparagus is slightly al dente..
- To serve sprinkle with fried onions…side note the soup if you made the mixture too thin is a great base for gravy..
Place asparagus in baking dish; cover with cheese. Asparagus Casserole is a delicious and flavorful dish, made from one of the healthiest vegetables on earth. It is creamy, baked to perfection, and topped with french-fried onions. The french-fried onions give this dish more texture and an additional flavor boost. Popular Videos From Sweet and Savory Meals!