Pounded yam and Vegetables soup. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Then, we scoop some stew or soup over it and we eat it. Rinse the dried fish and add it to the pot.
This vegan tom yum soup has all the authentic flavor you could dream of and all that spicy, sweet and sour tang you want. Then add in some vegetable stock along with a can of chopped tomatoes and a can of coconut cream along with your herb infuser. Yam is the common name for some plant species in the genus Dioscorea (family Dioscoreaceae) that form edible tubers. You can cook Pounded yam and Vegetables soup using 2 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam and Vegetables soup
- Prepare 1/2 of tuber of yam.
- It’s of Vegetables soup.
Yams are perennial herbaceous vines cultivated for the consumption of their starchy tubers in many temperate and tropical regions, especially in Africa, South America and the Caribbean. Nigerian Soups are those special sauces that accompany the major Nigerian food commonly known as Fufu. Fufu is a generic name for food you swallow All other soups not mentioned above are low carb Nigerian Soups. Watch out, some may be high in fat.
Pounded yam and Vegetables soup step by step
- Peel, cut the yam into small pieces and wash.
- Put in a big pot and cook till it is very soft..
- When the yam is soft and the water is not completely dry, bring down from fire, pound with mortar and pestle..
- Pound until the yam are seedless and can easily be molded, you can add water(the water use to boil the yam) and pound until you have a smooth soft pounded yam. Mould the pounded yam and serve in plate.
- I eat it with veggetable soup.
The trick is to read the ingredients for each. A delicious meal of pounded yam and vegetable soup cooked with dried fish, beef and assorted meat. My list would include porridge yam, pepper soup yam, yam and tomato sauce, and white yam as well as some Let's talk about vegetables… I love vegetables however they are prepared. Pounded yam is just yam that is cooked and pounded with mortar and pestle and then served with any of the. Pounded Yam is one of the Nigerian fufu recipes that is made from boiled and pounded white yam.