Pounded yam with egusi soup. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Other food in the swallow group includes fufu – made from cassava flour, Eba, Amala, and more. Learn how to make Nigeria's most popular soup Egusi. Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. You can have Pounded yam with egusi soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam with egusi soup
- Prepare of Yam.
- Prepare of Cook Kpomo.
- Prepare of Boil Dry fish.
- You need of Boil Meat.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Tomatoe.
- It’s of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of Spices.
- You need of Blended Egusi.
- You need leaf of Ugu.
- You need of Palm oil.
- You need of Veg oil.
This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. Egusi soup and pounded yam is such a mouthwatering and appetising dish to behold. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups.
Pounded yam with egusi soup instructions
- Peel yam cut and wash, pour the yam in pot cook it until soft, transfer into motor and pound it until the yam is well pound and become very soft.
- Wash and blend your tomatoes, pepper, Scotch bonnet, onion and garlic, boil then until the water is completely drain.
- Add palm with, veg oil and onion fry for 2mnts add seasoning, spices, kpomo, dry fish and meat keep frying 10mnts.
- Add little water and cover the pot, mix egusi with water and grated onion to foam a tick paste, start scooping it with spoon and drop inside your pot, cover and allow it to cook for 10mnts add your ugu leaf and stir the soup well, allow the ugu to simmer for 5mnts.
The Yorubas make efo elegusi while the Igbos make ofe egusi, all with similar ingredients but with. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this It is one of the most popular soups prepared by most tribes in Nigeria with considerable variation and often eaten with dishes like Pounded Yams. In a recent video shared on Zion's official Instagram page, he was seen eating the popular Nigerian delicacy, Pounded yam and Egusi soup with his dad. Fans trooped to his comment section to commend the singer for exposing his son to the Yoruba culture while others have gushed over Zion's.