Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe. Then bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Chef Ed Brown, President of Restaurant Services at Restaurant Associates, shows us a delicious and healthy pancake recipe. This quinoa and kale pancake features three different Spanish olive oils, arbequina, cornicabra, and picual, and is topped with a refreshing vegetable relish.
Stir flaxseed milk, eggs, melted butter, and honey into the flour mixture until you have a thin batter. Create a batter by combining flour, doenjang, gochujang, and water in a bowl and mixing well until it's soft, a little thick, and creamy. Remove the stalks and the center stalks of the kale by pulling off the leaves off with your hands. You can cook Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe using 31 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe
- You need 1 cup of Quinoa.
- It’s 2 cups of Water.
- You need 4 of ea. Eggs, whisked.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Parmesan, shredded.
- You need 2 of ea. Spring onion, sliced thin, both green and white parts.
- It’s 3 of ea. Garlic clove, peeled and minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Kale, steamed, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Gluten free breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare of Vegetable Relish.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tomatoes, split, core removed, seeded, small diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Kirby cucumber, split, core removed, seeded, small diced.
- You need 1/3 cup of Red onion, small dice, washed twice with hot water and 1 time with cold.
- It’s 2 of ea. Green onions, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sherry vinegar.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Edamame, peel and take off outer skin.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Manchego cheese, crumbled.
- It’s 8 of ea. Basil leaves, torn by hand.
- It’s 6 of ea. Mint leaves, torn by hand.
- It’s 4 oz. of Bacon, small diced and rendered.
- Prepare 1 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 1 of ea. Lime, split and juice of.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare as needed of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, for drizzling.
- You need 1 tsp. of Pimentón de la vera.
- Prepare as needed of Maldon Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 of ea. Avocado, peel and pit.
Roll up the kale leaves and chop them into small pieces. To prepare relish, arrange bell peppers, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Remove pan from oven; wrap peppers in foil. Stir well until the mixture comes together.
Quinoa-Kale pancakes with vegetable relish recipe step by step
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa thoroughly before cooking, place the grains in a medium sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Allow quinoa to soak for 15 minutes. Then bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Cook until quinoa is tender and has absorbed the liquid, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature..
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, eggs, parmesan, spring onions, garlic, salt, steamed kale, and breadcrumbs. Let everything sit for 5 minutes to absorb the liquid. You want the batter to moist, but not runny. Form into pancakes..
- Heat 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook up to 6 patties at a time..
- Cook for 2 ½ minutes until the one side is golden brown, flip and cook other side for 2 ½ minutes as well. Let pancakes rest on a cooking rack while you finish the next batch..
- In a non-reactive bowl, add the tomato, cucumber, onions, green onions, vinegar, salt and sugar. Let rest for 20 minutes..
- Add edamame, manchego, basil, mint, bacon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and a squeeze of lime juice, salt and pepper..
- Take skin off of the bacon and cut into ½ inch pieces or lardons..
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat add bacon and cook until golden and most fat is rendered..
- Save bacon fat for other use and place cooked bacon under paper towels. Reserve..
- To finish, place quinoa pancakes on center of plate and add ¼ of the summer relish, drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and pimentón de la vera finish with maldon sea salt and avocado as an option..
Don't forget the flour because it helps bind the patties. Quinoa Kale Salad with Lemon Ginger Dression. Absolutely delicious, fresh and crunchy kale salad! The ginger dressing is a perfect compliment! If you want to make it extra crunchy, serve with some croutons on top.